The New England Patriots are set to be involved in several marquee NFL games in 2017 after the schedule was released on Thursday.
There will be a Super Bowl rematch in week seven and the defending champions also get the season started.
The Patriots feature heavily in the 10 must-see games of the 2017 campaign.
10. Steelers at Texans, week 16, December 25: A Christmas Day treat in Houston will have a pair of playoff hopefuls and two of the NFL's stingiest defenses. The Texans have jettisoned Brock Osweiler and this could be an important game for both teams late in the season.
9. Falcons at Seahawks, week 11, November 20: A playoff rematch that was dominated by the Falcons last season, the Seahawks will hope to get some revenge at home. The Legion of Boom may be losing some of its punch, but the Seahawks are a different team at home and there almost always seems to be some sort of controversy when Seattle get a prime-time home game.
8. Chiefs at Patriots, week one, September 7: The champs will celebrate their Super Bowl victory before taking on one of last year's playoff teams. The Chiefs have not won at Foxborough since 1990, a stretch that includes six straight losses, including a playoff game in the 2015 season.
7. Dolphins at Chargers, week two, September 17: Tiny StubHub Center in Carson, California, will host its first NFL game as the Chargers officially debut as the Los Angeles Chargers at their new temporary home.
6. Packers at Falcons, week two, September 17: The Falcons will debut new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in week two against the Packers, who will hope for a much better result than the last time they went to Atlanta. The Falcons ran away with a blowout victory in last season's NFC championship game. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are sure to light things up once all the pomp and circumstance of the new stadium wears off.
5. Cowboys at Raiders, week 15, December 17: The Cowboys and Raiders both have Super Bowl aspirations this season and each team is loaded with young talent on offense. With defenses that struggled somewhat last season, there could be a lot of points scored at the Coliseum.
4. Patriots vs. Raiders, week 11, November 19: The Raiders are returning to Mexico this season and will face the Patriots, who will play in the country for the first time ever. This could have big playoff implications in the latter half of the season.
3. Patriots at Dolphins, week 14, December 11: If the Dolphins are going to sweep the Patriots, as wide receiver Jarvis Landry boldly predicted, they have to first win on November 26 in New England and then defend their home field two weeks later on Monday night.
2. Chiefs at Raiders, week seven, October 19: These are the two favourites in the AFC West and a win by the Raiders would go a long way toward a division that slipped away from them last season.
1. Falcons at Patriots, week seven, October 22: The Super Bowl rematch will be one of the more anticipated matchups of the season. It is a bit of surprise the NFL scheduled it in the middle of the season instead of making it a week one game. The Falcons will be bent on revenge, but going into Foxborough is never easy.
|BREAKING NEWS: Lyon snap up €10m Chelsea forward Traore|
|Green, Leonard & Gobert lead NBA All-Defensive First Team|
|Van Aanholt excited to learn new ideas from Palace boss De Boer|
|Pospisil sets up Djokovic Eastbourne clash|
|FIFA referees chief praises VAR but sees work to be done|
|You´re a wizard, Hummels: Bayern defender celebrates Harry Potter anniversary|
|Kolarov keen on Lazio return|
|Fiorentina put up for sale by Della Valle family|
|Russian World Cup chief labels doping claims ´made-up news´|
|Djokovic to retain Agassi for Wimbledon|
|Like father, like son: Germain hoping to write his own ´beautiful´ Marseille story|
|He made me - Lue would hire Iverson as a coach|
|Giro crash a Tour de France factor for Thomas|
|New Nantes coach Ranieri wants to ´forget´ Leicester|
|Watford new boy Hughes: Premier League too hard to turn down|
|Confederations Cup Social Diary: No rest for Ronaldo, Trapp still smiling and FIFA honours Marc-Vivi|
|Cavendish confirmed for Tour de France after glandular fever|
|Parish surprised by Allardyce´s Palace exit but excited by De Boer arrival|
|New Edinburgh deal for Lion Dell|
|No stepping stone: De Boer hopes to see out three-year Crystal Palace deal|
|Dutch courage needed? De Boer follows likes of Van Gaal & Koeman to Premier League|
|Kvitova pulls out of Eastbourne|
|Frank de Boer appointed new Palace boss|
|I´m in love with Italy - Former AC Milan star Pato open to Inter switch|
|Portugal v Chile: Pizzi ready for tough challenge as champions of Europe and South America clash|
|De Boer waits in the Eagles´ wings: Can the Dutchman improve on Allardyce, Pardew and Pulis?|
|Help me score 10 goals! - Guangzhou defender Feng sets out Paulinho´s Barcelona move conditions|
|Vettel does not think before he acts - Ricciardo|
|Make Mayweather-McGregor free for fans, urges Hopkins|
|Man Utd must wait a year for Talisca, say Besiktas|
|Vettel v Hamilton: Famous sporting squabbles|
|Jose Mourinho pays tribute after the death of his father|
|F1 title race gets nasty as Vettel and Hamilton clash in Baku|
|Cristiano Ronaldo needs time ´to reflect´ on Real Madrid future|
|Draxler, Kimmich and Can lavish praise on ton-up Low|
|Kalac: Donnarumma´s head turned by greedy Raiola|
|Bayern Munich target Brandt staying at Bayer Leverkusen|
|All Blacks boss Hansen hits back at ´desperate´ Gatland|
|PSG´s Verratti would be perfect fit at Barcelona – Garcia|
|Ballin announces retirement from rugby league|
|Portland Timbers 2 Seattle Sounders 2: Dempsey scores stoppage-time equaliser to deny hosts|
|Santana helps Twins pull off rare feat against Indians, Dodgers win 10th straight|
|Spieth had fun going ´nuts´ after draining bunker shot|
|Stanton officially commits to Home Run Derby|
|Kvitova revels in perfect comeback with Birmingham title|
|Raiola says Donnarumma will meet with Milan amid confusion|
|Drexler says LeBron James is wrong about first ´Big Three´|
|Long-time friend Thomas called incredible Spieth bunker shot|
|Newton: Super Bowl ring only thing missing from my life|
|Spieth holes bunker shot to win Travelers Championship|
|Astros taking ´conservative´ approach with Keuchel recovery|
|Harvick pulls away late to end winless drought|
|Cahill: Once I lead, the others follow|
|Pogba surprised by Mbappe, Dembele talent|
|Donnarumma claims he was hacked over Milan renewal post|
|Rahane century sets India up for Windies hammering|
|Postecoglou rues missed opportunity as Australia go out|
|Confederations Cup Diary: Drax on the beach, and did FIFA just troll Akinfeev?|
|Malan tapped into Voges´ knowledge ahead of dream England debut|
|Donnarumma to discuss AC Milan renewal|
|Mustafi hopes ´brilliant´ Sanchez can stay at Arsenal|
|Pizzi hails returning Bravo as Chile go through in Russia|
|Sevastova ends seven-year title drought with Mallorca triumph|
|Confederations Cup Social Diary: Cahill honoured as Ronaldo posing takes a weird turn|
|Bacca hints at Real Madrid exit for James|
|Draxler sees bright Germany future for goal hero Werner|
|Centurion Low shares the credit after landmark Germany win|
|Balotelli signs new Nice contract|
|Broos confused by VAR farce in Germany defeat|
|Werner´s originals give Germany striking solution|