New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton did his best Captain Obvious impression when asked about Tom Brady's huge bounceback game Sunday. Brady also lauded one of his running backs as one of the best team-mates he's ever had.
New York Jets linebacker Jordan Jenkins had no issue with Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch dancing on the sideline, but said his team-mates should be bothered by Sunday's embarrassing loss.
The Seattle Seahawks had an "ugly" win over the San Francisco 49ers. the Green Bay Packers are upset with officiating and the Los Angeles Chargers are sticking with rookie kicker Younghoe Koo, who is just one for four after missing two in Sunday's "brutal" loss to the Miami Dolphins.
Struggling quarterback Andy Dalton still has the backing of the Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer gives a confusing update on Sam Bradford's knee and the NFL still thinks Los Angeles will embrace the Rams and Chargers despite Sunday's poor attendance.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
- Payton on Brady's 447 passing yards against the Saints: "Obviously, there were some guys open."
10 undefeated teams remain... pic.twitter.com/XV5EYKokvr— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2017
- Brady on Patriots running back James White: "I've played with a lot of great team-mates, and James is right up there with the best."
- Jenkins on Lynch's sideline dance during Oakland's 45-20 win over the Jets: "That irks my ever-living nerves. I was on kick-off return and I saw it happen and it's infuriating and I wanted them to kick the ball short so we could get more contact. That p****d me off. I'm an old-school guy, and I don't like [it] when things like that happen... It was embarrassing losing like that. Having Marshawn dancing like that, good player, seeing that happen, that should infuriate the whole team."
- Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin on Sunday's 12-9 win over the 49ers: "It was ugly. Ugly as hell."
- Packers receiver Davante Adams on the controversial pass interference calls that went against his team in the 34-23 loss to the Atlanta Falcons: "Nobody gets called on that like we do. But it is what it is. The rule is just – it's a judgment call for the refs. We didn't violate anything, so that should have been four more points on the scoreboard. At the end of the day, it's up to them and they'll come and talk to us in the offseason about how they messed up on certain calls and things. That's part of the game. We can't be the ref. If we could, then it would have been called a little bit better on that."
- Chargers coach Anthony Lynn on Koo: "We're still riding with him. And we're hoping that he'll bounce back."
- Bengals backup quarterback AJ McCarron on Dalton: "Do you think he wants to have tipped balls that turn into interceptions? Has he worked his whole life for that, has he worked all week for that? No... Listen, I think I'm a great quarterback and I think he's an unbelievable quarterback, I love him to death, but he's our quarterback, stop making it into something else."
- NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart on the L.A. market: "We remain confident that the city of Los Angeles can support in a very strong way two franchises, and we’re committed to making that happen as we work toward the opening of the new stadium."
- Zimmer on Bradford: "Sam is okay. He might play one game from now, he might play six weeks from now. Either way, he's fine."
- New York Giants coach Ben McAdoo on Eli Manning's delay of game penalty in the third quarter of Monday's 24-10 loss to the Detroit Lions: "Sloppy quarterback play. The quarterback and center need be on the same page there. We've got to get the ball snapped. We have a veteran quarterback who's played a lot of football. I expect us to get the ball snapped."
|Willian not ready to walk out on Chelsea|
|Arsenal striker Lacazette not counting on title miracle|
|Fury licence to be considered by BBBofC in January|
|Sarginson released by Titans|
|World Cup glory worth €350,000 to Germany stars|
|All Blacks skipper Read to undergo back surgery|
|I live day by day - Buffon ponders Euro 2020|
|Remarkable Rohit smashes third ODI double-century|
|West Ham eyeing Wilshere swoop in January|
|Bairstow up to six in unchanged England team|
|Klopp reveals hamstring scare for Liverpool star Salah|
|England can still win Ashes as Hoggard urges Root´s men to smarten up|
|Vuelta champion Froome asked to explain drugs test|
|FFA refuses to speculate on Scolari amid Socceroos interest|
|Mavs spoil Leonard´s season debut, LeBron enjoys career-high night|
|Ronaldo hoping to play with Benzema and Bale again|
|Smith: Pitch conditions in Perth to determine Handscomb fate|
|Packers star Rodgers cleared to return against Panthers|
|Mourinho takes aim at reporters as Man United boss leaves news conference|
|You can put the kickoff back at the 30 – Hester announces retirement|
|Roberts confirms Dodgers were ´very in tune´ with Stanton, Ohtani|
|Fleury set for Golden Knights return after two months in concussion protocol|
|Dodgers All-Star Seager set to avoid elbow surgery|
|´Bull****´ to suggest Chelsea can catch Man City – Conte|
|Pordenone would´ve deserved Coppa Italia progression, admits Spalletti|
|Azarenka granted wildcard for Australian Open|
|Root urges England to stand up and put things right|
|Man City haven´t won anything yet – Gundogan|
|Pierre leads Dinamo Sassari past Pinar Karsiyaka|
|Willian: Chelsea will keep fighting for Premier League title|
|Burnley aren´t the real deal – Dyche|
|Stoger wants to bring best out of BVB after breakthrough victory|
|Conte praises contribution of Hazard, Willian and Pedro|
|Inter 0 Pordenone 0 (AET, 5-4 on penalties): Nagatomo spares Serie A leaders´ blushes|
|Hodgson keeping Palace grounded despite dramatic late win|
|Zouma injury led to Turf Moor defeat – Hughes|
|Guardiola steers carefully around Mourinho criticism after United v City flashpoint|
|Guardiola considering January signings to bolster Manchester City squad|
|Get me in the mix – Ricciardo wants to join Vettel, Hamilton rivalry|
|Crystal Palace 2 Watford 1: Sako, McArthur stun Hornets|
|Huddersfield Town 1 Chelsea 3: Willian sparkles as Conte´s side return to winning ways|
|Burnley 1 Stoke City 0: Hosts go fourth after late Barnes winner|
|PSG escape punishment as LFP gives Lille transfer ban|
|Mainz 0 Borussia Dortmund 2: Stoger´s tenure begins with much-needed victory|
|Need to wrap a golf club for Christmas? Don´t ask Dustin Johnson for help|
|Ten Cate: Al Jazira will park three buses against Real Madrid|
|Gremio 1 Pachuca 0 (after extra time): Everton stunner sends Brazilians into final|
|Zidane focused on Club World Cup despite looming Clasico|
|Ibrahimovic brands Guardiola ´immature´ over Barcelona row|
|Gayle´s 18 sixes a new T20 record|
|Pogba has no regrets over rejecting Real Madrid|
|Gattuso denies contract rift with AC Milan goalkeeper Donnarumma|
|Where you at? Cleared Fury calls out Joshua|
|Pochettino: Alderweireld out until February|
|Wydad Casablanca 2 Urawa Red Diamonds 3: Marvellous Mauricio double proves decisive|
|Cardona given five-match ban for ´discriminatory´ gesture against South Korea|
|Fury clears comeback hurdle as UKAD proceedings resolved|
|Knee injury rules Wales´ Faletau out of Six Nations|
|James still settling at Bayern, says Heynckes|
|Pistorius bruised in alleged prison assault|
|Manchester City captain Kompany out for ´a short time´|
|Klopp: Liverpool need Lallana ahead of busy period|
|Spurs list Leonard as probable for season debut|
|It was diversity in education – Mourinho addresses derby fracas|
|I encourage City to celebrate - Guardiola defends players after Old Trafford controversy|
|I´m no actor – No regrets for Klopp over heated interview|
|Anderson: Duckett incident a non-event|
|Shingler commits to Scarlets|
|Everton were like United at Liverpool - Allardyce defends Anfield approach|
|Paulo Bento hired as Chongqing Lifan head coach|